Climate change is the greatest threat to the planet —
and our biggest opportunity
It's time for all of us to step up.
The IT industry has a huge part to play. Digital transformation has given everyday societal activities — shopping, streaming, and communication — a lighter environmental touch. However, this transformation is dependent on data centers, clouds, and devices that consume resources and create waste products from burning fossil fuel.
The more that is asked of our networks, the worse this dependency becomes. Unless we act.
Juniper is committed to a sustainable future. We’ve pledged to be carbon neutral by 2025. This is only the beginning as we look to transform the world to a more sustainable future.
Shaping the future
The world’s challenges will be solved one way: together. We believe in the power of a connected world to bring us all closer together. When we’re all connected, we can change everything for the better.
We consistently look for ways to make Juniper facilities more energy and cost efficient, less resource intensive, and ultimately, more sustainable. Read our latest Corporate Sustainability Report.
We design products with the environment in mind. Our eco-design program emphasizes innovative materials, recyclability, and energy efficiency at every stage of the product lifecycle and supports a circular economy.
Juniper is serious about network sustainability and serious about the role that we can serve for the betterment of our times. The dozen engineering papers collected in this book were written to jumpstart the discussion of sustainable networks and lowered network carbon emissions through engineering insight.
Greenergy brings sustainable data center services to the Baltics
Greenergy Data Centers (GDC) offers organizations a new choice for sustainable digital transformation. GDC has built the largest and most-energy efficient data center in the Baltics, with a target power usage effectiveness (PUE) lower than the goal set by the European Green Deal.
“We are opening a new sector for Estonia,” says Aivar Karu, CIO of GDC. “We are using renewable energy, our engineering skills, and climatic conditions to build the most energy-efficient, reliable, and secure data center in the Baltics.”
GDC relies on Juniper networking to support its business and data center operations.
Agents of change
California Natural Resources Agency
Water is precious, and the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) works to sustainably manage the state’s water resources to benefit the people and protect, restore, and enhance the environment.
Earth Day Executive Q&A with California's Juniper Networks
A new article to celebrate Earth Day - Juniper’s CMO Mike Marcellin talks to Technology Magazine in the last of its sustainability series.
Technology Magazine, April 22, 2022
Achieving Sustainable Cybersecurity Through Proper Care and Feeding
Cybersecurity has sometimes been seen as a spent-cost investment to keep investors happy and is often rolled out as a knee-jerk response to an attack. This has never been a sustainable approach, and fortunately, most organizations now see this and recognize the need for change.
Security Week, April 27, 2022
Juniper Networks' Carbon Neutral Pledge
Getting sustainability “right” in networking and the broader technology industry will never be easy, but we have a collective responsibility to put all our resolve, creativity, innovation and determination into minimizing the impact IT has on the environment.
January 26, 2022
Are you demanding sustainable business offerings to help reduce your environmental footprint?
Meet your sustainable goals with hardware, software, and service solutions that support a circular economy, reduce operating expenses, and contribute to a healthier ecosystem.
- Learn more about Juniper’s sustainable products and solutions.
- Recycle eligible Juniper products by logging in to your Juniper Customer Care account and opening a case or calling Juniper Customer Care.
- Accelerate your network transition or extend the life of your network with Juniper’s Circular Economy Portfolio of eco-friendly options, including Juniper Try & Buy, Juniper Certified Pre-Owned hardware, and Sustainable Sourcing. Find out more.
Products and Solutions
We comply with green laws and regulations
All of our locations comply with local and international laws and adhere to the following directives:
- EU Directive 2011/65/EU Restriction of the use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS II) – eliminating the use of banned substances and reducing the use of restricted substances to levels at or below legal limits.
- EU Directive 2012/19/EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) – financing and managing the collection and environmentally sound disposal of products that have reached the end of their useful life. Our recycling program is available in 27 countries.
- Regulation EC No. 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals – reporting and authorizing the chemicals imported, produced or used in the preparation of products within the EU Member States.
- Substances of Concern in Products (SCIP) under the EU Waste Framework Directive (WFD) 2008/98/EC - reporting safe-use information for substances of very high concern found in products placed on the market in the EU.
- China RoHS – establishing hazardous substance restriction limits to levels at or below legal limits, and reporting hazardous materials table in simplified Chinese within the product manual per China standard SJ/T 11364.
- China RoHS 50 – labeling of Environment Friendly Use Period (EFUP) based on substances within Juniper Products.
- Green Dot – supporting European network of industry-funded systems for recycling of packaging materials for products in Germany.
Contact us to request product certifications and for more information.